As you can imagine, it has become time consuming to send individual emails and include photos, or add a link to my website galleries, trying to remember who was sent what??? Did I forget someone??? So I decided to try writing a blog.
Hopefully you will find this blog interesting, please add comments on what you find interesting, or not so much.
Here are a couple from the weekend. My good friend Ron and I visited Camp 30, looking for places for future field trips for the camera club. Camp 30 was a school in Bowmanville Ontario that was converted in the second world war (WWII) into a German Prisoner of War camp. Right here in Canada!!! Britain shipped their German POW's here, so that there was little or no chance of the prisoners being freed, only to return to fighting in the war.
After the war Camp 30 was returned to being a school, and has changed hands several times. It was eventually abandoned in the 1990's.
An absolutely outstanding location for photography, and only an hour from home.
I hope you enjoy these photos...

This was the dining hall, a big, bright room with very interesting architecture. Not to mention the really cool graffiti.

This was the swimming pool, with a gymnasium across the hallway.

There are many more buildings on the site, this was taken in one of the residence buildings.
Lots more Camp 30 photos over the next few days....
Amazing pictures Mark! What a find that has been 'preserved' so well.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to many more exciting pics!
Brenda
This was amazing to find out and realize we have right here. The pictures are awesome .... looking forward to seeing more. Thanks for sharing Mark!
ReplyDeleteYou didn't tell them about your budding career in Ballet after negotiating down that awkward ramp made out of an old Palette! Great photos by a great guy!!! I can't wait to see the next installment of Mark's photography Blog!
ReplyDeleteRon.