Friday, April 25, 2014

Camp 30 - Part II

To the friends who I shared the first blog entry with, thank you for your comments and support.

I have added a few enhancements to the design of these blogs, like the picture as a banner above, and an email sign-up link on the right side.  If you sign up using that feature, you will automatically receive a link to my future blog entries when they are posted.  Hopefully I will have something worthwhile to show you every week or two.

If you are seeing this blog for the first time and don't know what Camp 30 is, check the earlier postings by clicking on the April Archives on the right side of this page.

Now on to those black & white images from Camp 30 I promised.

This was taken in the dining hall.  I really like the tonal range and the "grittiness" of the image.


This image was taken in one of the residence buildings. Again, I like the tonal range and "grittiness".


On a technical note, the colour images from my earlier post were processed as 5 shot HDR's using Nik's HDR Efex Pro.  These black and white images were processed using Nik's Silver Efex Pro 2 from the colour HDR files.  I compared these to a black & white conversion from a single image, and these were much more dynamic.

On a lighter note, Joe in our camera club is a huge fan of "painting with light", so this one is a tribute to him.  These bathroom stalls were nearly pitch black, but the technique is really quite simple. Start with a long exposure, say 15 seconds, and a small aperture, say f16. Then use a flashlight to "paint" in the areas you want to illuminate.  (Doesn't everyone carry a flashlight in their camera bag?). Very fun project to try.  I think Ron is convinced to get a flashlight for his camera bag.




















There were many more images taken at Camp 30, these are only a few.  Take a look at my smugmug gallery here for more images from Camp 30.

Stay tuned for images from this weekend's trip.  Don't forget to sign up for future blog entries.

Thanks for following...

Mark


No comments:

Post a Comment